Calling all AgileIndy Volunteers!!!
AgileIndy is excited to announce that we have secured a date for our 2023 AgileIndy Conference! The event will be held on May 5th, 2023 at the JW Marriott in downtown Indianapolis.
AgileIndy is looking for people to join our conference planning committee. Knowledge of Agile is not necessary. Being Local to Indiana is not necessary (both are helpful but not required since we do most of our work virtually now). We will be holding a Volunteer Kickoff Meeting on November 16th. Join us to find out more information on how you can get involved and help make the 2023 AgileIndy Conference a success!
Register here (and the zoom link will be sent virtually in the confirmation email) and complete our information form here.
What are we looking for in volunteers?
1) We are looking for passionate "doers"- People who want to learn what it takes to plan such a large event and who will join a team and provide valuable contribution by helping complete tasks. (If you are just looking to pad your resume but not contribute, this isn't the place for you). This an unpaid volunteer position and may take up to 5 hours of your time a week during the height of planning season (Jan-April). But I promise the reward will be worth the sacrifice when you see the event we pull off.
2) We are looking for great team members and team leaders who feel satisfaction when achieving a goal. Being fun to work with is a must! No one wants to be miserable on a volunteer board because there is a bad apple on their team. Things won't always go perfectly. It might get stressful, but if you can get through that and walk away with a team of new friends, that's our goal !
3) We are looking for cross functional team members. Again, Agile expertise isn't required (but can be helpful). We need developers for our website, marketing and social media coordinators, content writers, graphic designers, relationship builders, sales people, event planners, financial planners, and "fun committee" people. So whether you are an up and coming graphic designer, dream of being a social media influencer, or just know how to plan an awesome party, we have a job for you. If you aren't quite sure where your skills lie, we will help you figure it out!
What will you get in return?
1) The opportunity to challenge themselves and build their skills in ways they might not be getting an opportunity to do in their 8-5 job.
2) A sense of pride and accomplishment, along with a great resume builder. The pride that comes with giving back to the community and the experience of what it takes to put on a large event and even manage a team.
3) The opportunity to network with 40 other committee members, hundreds of sponsors and speakers, and hundreds of attendees who could open doors for you that you never imagined.
4) A new group of friends and sense of belonging.
5) The opportunity to join our Board of Directors. We have several Board positions that will be coming open in the next year and we will be looking at outstanding committee members as our first picks to fill these spots!
Find out More
If you have further questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on Linkedin for more information. We look forward to seeing you on November 16th!